Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Greatest Joy in Life is Giving and Not Receiving

Minute with Maxwell - Greatest Joy in Giving 

This is a very powerful topic, and John Maxwell sums it up perfectly in about 2 minutes in a video at the link below.  If there was one thing you could do to make your life richer and more full, what would that be?  

The Answer?  BE GENEROUS!


I encourage you to read the transcript below and listen to what John shares in his Minute with Maxwell morning leadership coaching video.  By the way, you can sign up for John's Minute with Maxwell and start receiving his videos each morning to start your day refreshed and invigorated.  Seize the Moment!  Here is the link to sign up:  https://www.maxwellleadership.com/minute-with-maxwell/#subscribe-form

TRANSCRIPT:

[00:00:00] Often, people come up to me, and one of the highest compliments I receive quite often from others is that I'm generous. So I want to talk about how do you and I become generous in our lives. Welcome to minute with Maxwell. My name is John. I was talking to someone the other day and we were talking about people that are, 

[00:00:25] just maybe extra blessed financially. They're doing well. Health is good. They're just blessed. And somebody asked me if you are really doing well, how do you keep from being greedy with money or how do you stay grateful for. And I said the balance that you have to have when you are incredibly blessed and gifted… the balance of that to keep you doing well…. is to be generous. 

[00:00:54] In other words, don't be a reservoir and hold all of those blessings for yourself and kind of selfishly 

[00:01:00] kind of try to contain all of it. You don't want to do that. Become a river, just let the blessings you have flow through you to other people. Here's what I know about generosity. And by the way, it, this is not a money deal. 

[00:01:18] I've known people have a lot of money that we're not generous at all. I've known people that we're quite poor, that we're extremely generous. So it's not how much you have or how little you have. It's not about possessions. It's all about your spirit, your attitude. And here's what I Know: Your greatest joy in life will never be in receiving. 

[00:01:40] It will always be in giving. Trust me. That's a fact. Thanks for being with me today on minute with Maxwell.

Trike On!
Coach Dane

No comments: